Article written by Boutiana Bouabdalli, Junior Reiki Master and Herb Specialist
My body is a temple. The concept goes beyond physical fitness, or yoga, and refers to self-respect, self-awareness, self-love.
The concept of the body as a temple is a spiritual one. This body, will house, protect, but also reflect your soul and your inner being if you are here on earth. You have heard, that beauty is on the inside, and that some people shine so bright, that it reflects on the outside. Does your body reflect that shine?
My first experiences with Reiki began few years ago when my healer and mentor recommended, I look into receiving Reiki treatments in order to help release my blocked emotions and help overcome my addictions, stress, depression and anxiety.
We started by writing down all my activities, food, and habits to see where I should start from and realized that my lifestyle, daily habits and health were completely unbalanced.
My immune system was very low, I had a hard time sleeping, focusing and was sick and tired all the time.
Within less than a year, I went from being a dark, unhappy person to a calm, stable grounded healthy and happier human being. There were many other changes in my levels of self-confidence and self-esteem and before long, I decided to take the courses in order to be able to do self-treatments in between regular appointments as well as to be able to share this life change and experience with my friends and loved ones but also send some distant Reiki healing to my family members who lived far away.
How did it happen?
I needed to drastically change my lifestyle and remove/adapt things slowly into my life.
It changed first with my food diet and daily meditation and Reiki practice. My Chakra started to re-align slowly with my Reiki self-practices and restructuring my life. My morning and night routine would start and end with Reiki + meditation.
I started with an Alkaline diet, a plant-based diet. A diet made to naturally cure, prevent any disease and improve your health overall. The diet is strict and consists of a list of approved veggies, fruits, grains, nuts, oils and herbs with absolutely no animal products.
After only 21 days of practice I started seeing a change and never removed it. It became part of who I am today.
I soon realized this encompassed all I had been searching for as a life purpose and over the course of the next few years, I continued to increase my knowledge, gain experience as a practitioner and receive healing treatments of this universal life force energy.
Here are few things I added to my life that helped boost my immune system and always feel energize.
Immunity boost drink:
I refer to it as my Morning Metabolism Boost since it’s been my go-to for a while and really helped no getting sick these past months help maintain a stable immune system.
· Raw/pure honey
· Warm water
All you need is to boil some water.
Add the water in a Jar and grape some garlic, ginger , turmeric than add drops of Echinacea , spoon of honey and lemon Juice.
Important to drink it on an empty stomach.
This drink is loaded with immune-boosting ingredients and a tonne of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals!
· Honey is rich in antioxidants and is often used to soothe sore throats. It adds a natural sweetness to the drink.
· Lemon juice is very high in vitamin C and can help to support heart and digestive health.
· Garlic is known to boost the function of the immune system, and in studies, it has been shown to reduce the symptoms of a common cold.
· Ginger has a very long history of use in traditional and alternative medicine. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the common cold and other illnesses, to name a few. It also gives the immune booster shot a little zing.
· Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
If you want to see results, do it for 21 days and share it with us if you notice any changes!
Have you ever heard or tried sea moss?
It became my good to daily vitamins and people need to know more about it.
· Sea moss is the best mucus dissolver. Mucus is the cause of every disease, when you eliminate it, you eliminate the disease!! Sea moss contains 92 minerals of the 102 minerals that the human body consists of. Such as zinc, iodine, iron, calcium, potassium, B-complex vitamins, sodium, sulfur, silicon, and iron.
So, you wonder how you would feel after using it for a while 😊, it’s a superfood.
Here are the Sea moss benefits:
· Natural decongestant-Vitamin c
· Help remove mucus from the body
· Provides remarkable nutrition
· Helps control appetite
· Support immune system &fights infection
· Boosts metabolism
· Enhance Thyroid function-balancing your hormones
· Healthier skin
· Joint& bone health- High in omega3, Calcium, magnesium and vitamin K
· Sooth digestive tract
· Improve sex drive-natural aphrodisiac rich in Zinc, Vitamin E &folate for sperm production
· Promotes mental &emotional health-due to potassium content
· Good for blood &anemia -High in Iron
I add a tablespoon in my morning juices and one in the afternoon in my shake. I also use it on my skin as a mask to hydrate my skin.
If you want to see results, do it for 21 days and share it with us if you notice.